Bike Fitting Services
Improve Every Ride
Spokes Etc. offers professional bicycle fitting services at all six of our Northern VA locations. No two riders are alike, so we work with you to determine your optimal riding position to meet your riding needs and preferences. With a professional bike fit, you'll increase performance, comfort, and efficiency on every ride.
Our Fit Process
We take a comprehensive approach to bike fitting. We start with an interview with you, the rider, to assess your preferred riding style. We want to know how you ride, and we tailor the fit process to your needs. We'll discuss your goals, strengths, and limitations on the bicycle, and perform a physical evaluation and flexibility assessment. With this information, we can then consider a variety of important adjustments to achieve your perfect bike fit, including:
- Saddle Height – the distance from the top of the saddle to the bottom of the pedal stroke
- Fore & Aft Adjustment – the position of the saddle forward or backward on the seat post
- Saddle Angle – the angle of the saddle up or down
- Reach Analysis – the distance from the saddle to the handlebars, and the height of the handlebar relative to the height of the saddle
- Handlebar and Hood Position Adjustment – the placement of the levers to ensure proper hand position
- Cleat Placement – the proper foot placement on the pedal for optimum power transfer
Our Fit Packages
In many cases, adjustments can be made without changing the existing componentry on the bike. If changes are required, our expert fitters will make a recommendation to give you the best fit. We currently offer fitting services for road, mountain, and triathlon bikes, as well as a fitting for those interested in a fully-customized frame.
A few more things you should know about bicycle fitting at Spokes Etc.:
- Fittings are by appointment only. Please call or email us at your preferred location to schedule your fit.
- Please allow 1.5 to 2 hours for your fitting – we don't want to rush such an important process.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment, ready to ride in your cycling gear.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact us in advance.
- Adjustments and tweaks can be made for up to 12 months after your initial fit, free of charge.
- The cost of new components is not included in the price of the fitting.
- Installing new parts may require additional time or require a separate labor cost.
Custom Bike Builds
Build the bike of your dreams at Spokes Etc. If you want the perfect fit and customized colors and components, we can help. Our experienced staff will guide you through the process, professionally assemble your dream bike, and fine-tune your fit. Learn more about our many custom bike options from Trek, Specialized, Seven Cycles, Gunnar, and Waterford.