New Bicycle Owner's Guide
Everything you want to know about your new bike
Your new bike from Spokes Etc. comes with a lot of great stuff, including our Spokes Etc. Advantage Service plan, the Spokes Etc. Ride Satisfaction Guarantee, and a manufacturer's warranty. We've compiled helpful information on these services and more for you in your New Bike Owner's Guide listed below. We're excited to support you for many miles on your new bike, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Congratulations on the purchase of your new bicycle! We're pleased that you have chosen Spokes Etc. for your cycling needs, and we hope that you enjoy many miles of safe riding on your new bike.
This page contains information about your new bike's manufacturer's warranty, the Spokes Etc. Advantage Service Plan that is included with your purchase and other essential information for cyclists in our area. If you have any questions about any of this information or cycling in general, please don't hesitate to stop by, give us a call or send us an email!
Spokes Etc. Advantage Service Plan
Your new bicycle comes with the Spokes Etc. Advantage Service Plan, which includes one year of free adjustments and tune-ups for your bike(tune-ups are valued at $120!). Visit any one of our six convenient locations, and we'll perform the following services:
- Adjust brakes
- Adjust shifting and derailleurs
- Adjust all bearings
- True and align wheels
- Inspect tires and adjust for proper air pressure
- Headset adjustment of steering system
- Chain - inspected, wiped down, and lubed
We recommend that you bring your bike back for its first free check-up after approximately 20 hours of riding, and again every four to six months or as soon as you begin to experience any mechanical issues. Your bicycle will perform at its best when it is properly adjusted and lubricated, and we're here to make sure that every ride is as fantastic as your first ride.
The Spokes Etc. Ride Satisfaction Guarantee
We want to make sure that you're completely satisfied with your new bicycle. You may return your bike in new condition within 14 days of your purchase, and we'll gladly exchange the bike for a different model or refund the purchase price. We work hard to ensure that you're riding the bike that you need, and we offer this guarantee as proof that we stand behind our products and services!
Not in new condition? We'll refund the full resale value of the bike.
Trek & Specialized Limited Lifetime Warranty
Once your Trek or Specialized bicycle is registered, the original retail purchaser is provided a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship on your Trek or Specialized bicycle frame and fork. In addition, Trek and Specialized provide a manufacturer's warranty(typically 1-2 years) on all mechanical components of the bicycle. These warranties include the repair or replacement, at Spokes Etc.'s discretion, of any part(s) deemed to be defective. For parts deemed defective, there will be no charge to you for the part(s) or labor.
Please note that the Trek and Specialized warranties do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Suspension components, which are covered by their specific manufacturer's warranty, but are not included in the frame guarantee
- Damage to any part of the bicycle caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect or incidents during competitive events
Keep It Rolling Bicycle Protection(KPP)
Cycling is about enjoying the ride. But, as with all vehicles, bikes need regular maintenance and occasional repairs to keep them rolling smoothly. With our Keep It Rolling Protection Plan, you'll extend the manufacturer's warranty for up to five years on parts and labor. This is a 100% transferable warranty, unlike the warranty from the manufacturer. This is not a Tune-Up/Service plan, but a Warranty extension. If you haven't already invested in a KPP plan, you have up to 14 days after your bike purchase to stay protected. Click HERE to learn more!
Don't Forget to Register Your New Bike
Protect your new investment and stay informed should a recall occur.
- Click here to register your new Trek
- Click here to register your new Specialized
- Click here to register your new Parlee
- Click here to register your new 3T
- Click here to register your new Gunnar
- Click here to register your new Seven Cycles
And Now, It's Time to Enjoy Your New Bike!
We've covered all of the important service and warranty information - now it's time for you to go for a ride! Our website is home to a variety of additional resources to get you started:
- Events Calendar - see dates, times and descriptions for our weekly group rides as well as information on ride and events that we support and other community happenings.
- Roadside Maintenance Clinics - held the first Tuesday of every month in each of our locations, our free maintenance clinic is the perfect way for you to get to know your new bike.
- Our Online Catalog - easily browse our product selection from the comfort of your own home! Shipping is free for orders more than $99, and in-store pickup is always free!
Thanks again for choosing Spokes Etc. for your bicycle purchase. We're always here to assist you with your cycling needs, and we look forward to seeing you in one of our six convenient locations in the near future. Now get out there and ride!